for ISKCON News on Dec. 17, 2010
ISKCON News invites videographers to contribute a once-off video material or to become a regular reporter for ISKCON News. We are looking for news that is directly about ISKCON and/or ISKCON members or events.
The 5 to 10 minute video materials should be uploaded on YouTube and the link sent to the managing editor to email@example.com. The best stories will be published in the Featured Video section of our site.
ISKCON News is intended for a broad audience that includes both Hare Krishna devotees and the general public. Our articles and video materials are therefore written and published as per current journalistic standards and with the greater public in mind.
1. Always make sure your story includes the five Ws of journalism: who, what, when, where, why, and how. If you’re reporting about an event, please include the exact date that it happened on. If you’re reporting about a person, make sure to include their official position in ISKCON and in relation to the event or project.
2. Please use alternatives to or explain the meaning of any in-house ISKCON jargon, Sanskrit words or anything else that a member of the general public would not understand.
3. Make your report in as balanced and objective a way as possible. Any opinions expressed must be attributed to or quoted from another person.
4. Do not be vague or “fluffy.” Always use plenty of solid facts and details.
5. Please edit your material.
6. Please clear all copyright issues before sending us your report.