for ISKCON News on Jan. 22, 2011
A Bhakti - infused yoga teacher training intensive will be offered in Kansas May 10 – June 9, 2011. This unique course offers a holistic, in - depth overview of hatha yoga infused with the mood of devotional love. It will be held at the Bhaktivana Yoga Center. Bhaktivana is a beautiful, countryside setting where Brown Swiss and Jersey cows lounge spaciously alongside peacocks and kittens who all incessantly chant the names of Lord Hari.
This is an opportunity for the participants to deeply immerse themselves in the many refreshing practices of yoga with like - minded souls and to become well equipped to share this with others who need it. The variety of classes are arranged to instill enthusiasm in the practitioners while honoring each individual’s needs and level of experience.
This is Yoga with Heart - yoga which can be offered as a sattvic tool to help all kinds of people move towards their highest good in a loving way and to guide them in that direction as far as they are ready to go. The asana practice, Pranayama, Mantra meditation and simple philosophy can be integrated to create an atmosphere that is very conducive to spiritual evolution. This is a beautiful segue to Bhakti.
- The Bhaktivana Yoga School is registered with Yoga Alliance and on completion of the course, participants will be Certified yoga teachers at the 200 hour level.
- Teacher/organizer, Gopi Sandal is registered as an “Experienced Yoga teacher” at the 500 hour level. She has studied the technique of B.K.S. Iyengar, and is conversant with the teachings of Pattabhi Jois, and Si- vananda as well as other eclectic styles of Hatha Yoga.
- 6 months prior experience with hatha yoga required.
- Simple, clean accommodation is available on the premises. Camping or accommodation in the local village Bed & Breakfast are options.
-Delicious, healthy prasadam will be catered by Apurva Das.
- Opportunity for rich daily sadhana practice.
- Special Kirtan with Prema Hara (Keshavacharya, Kamaniya, & Sri Ram)- May 10
- 4 - days of special training in Kriya, pranayama & vinyasa with Yogi Charu.
- Philosophy classes with senior devotees.
- Arrive on Monday, May 9th, begin classes on Tuesday, May 10th. Last classes June 9th, leave June 10th.
See www.Bhaktivanayoga.com for more info. Please contact Gopi now for additional information regarding curriculum, fees, etc. Enrollment size is limited, call or email now to hold your space -785-979-1639 / email@example.com
Please read more about this in Madhava Smullen’s Jan 14th article: http://news.iskcon.org/node/3375