The North American GBC and Executive Committee are looking for a Director for a North American Child Protection Office (CPO). This will be a new office and position that will work under the North American Executive Committee, and also report to the International Director of ISKCON Central Office of Child Protection.
The search process will begin immediately and will be open until the position is filled. While this position is dependent upon securing funding, this position will receive compensation according to one’s needs and experience. The position could be full or half time.
If interested, please send letter, resume, and work & devotional history to: Tamohara das at Tamohara@yahoo.com or Tamohara.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Function and purposes of the ISKCON North American Office of Child Protection:
• To disseminate information on child protection to temples in North America
• To organize seminars and training in child protection
• To make sure systems for screening and background checks of new devotees are in place
• To help organize, monitor, advise, and train local temple Child Protections teams
• To serve as a referral and support for temples with questions or local issues of child abuse
• To advise on care for confirmed abuse victims where possible.
• To help prepare standards and guidelines for child protection in ISKCON North America
• To keep all records and files of abusers, cases, and reports in North America
• To assist the Central Office Executive Director as needed in investigations and cases
Requirements for the Director:
• Mature, learns quickly, has good communication and relational skills, is well organized, has good written and verbal language skills, and is spiritually strong.
• Ideally, the Director should have education and experience in the field of child care, social work, counseling, or Education.