Based on the request of many devotees, in July of 2010, Bhaktivedanta College will offer a summer camp for young devotees aged 14 to 21. Experienced guides will help the youth become accustomed to life in the spiritual community of Radhadesh and teach them music, art, spiritual aspects of life, and lots of recreational activities.
There will be plenty of cultural exchanges and lots of learning of new skills. Most camps offer fun, friendship, and memories, but what makes the Radhadesh Summer Camp unique is our commitment to offer children a pure devotional atmosphere, filled with opportunities to perform devotional activities. Participants will explore many aspects of spiritual life and learn how to integrate these into everyday life.
The camp is both a wonderful way to spend a holiday and an exciting opportunity to broaden skills, add experience to one's life, and develop friendships with peers from around the world. Participants will visit nearby cities in Europe with fellow campers and discover the wonders of nature in the Belgian Ardennes. Campers will return home spiritually enlivened and refreshed.
The Radhadesh Summer Camp offers young people an exceptional opportunity to make friends and a chance to grow in a favorable atmosphere of intercultural exchanges and devotional activities under the guidance of experienced teachers.
We will organize various activities such as:
* Music and arts: Singing, mridanga, harmonium, karatalas, drama, dance, painting.
* Study: Basic Vaishnava philosophy and morality from scriptures such as Mahabharata, Ramayana, and Srila Prabhupada-lilamrita.
* Vaishnava cultural events: Observing festivals, participating in Padayatra, going on Rathayatra in Amsterdam, offering puja, and attending dynamic spiritual temple programs.
* Learning new skills: Public speaking and listening, preaching, improving English language skills (if applicable), cooking, sewing, and gardening.
* Recreation: Sports, campfire, cookout with Hare Krishna songs, yoga, harinama in surrounding cities, treasure hunt, and other games.
* And more!
Place: Bhaktivedanta College, Radhadesh Community, Septon (Durbuy), Belgium.
Time: 1 July - 31 July, 2010.
Age group: Youngsters from 14 to 21 years.
Cost: 1.250 Euro, (excluding air ticket)
Registration: Registration form can be downloaded here.
Flyer can be downloaded here.
Application deadline: 31 April 2010.
Contact person: Mangala-candrika Dasi, email: College@pamho.net, tel.: +32 (0)86 32 32 77.