The ISKCON Law Department will host a global conference of devotee attorneys at the Historic Thomas Center in Gainesville, Florida, USA, on January 10-12, 2020.
According to Devakinandana Das, ISKCON general counsel, “the 2020 ISKCON Global Conference of Devotee Attorneys will offer devotee attorneys, jurists and law students from around the world the opportunity to meet in person for the first time:
• to become acquainted with each other in an atmosphere of collegiality and mutual understanding in devotion to Srila Prabhupada and Lord Krishna, and
• to develop an integrated network of legal service providers capable of serving the 21st-century needs of ISKCON and its devotees.”
Some of the topics that will be discussed include:
– Gita Values in Faith-Based Conflict Management
– Why an ISKCON Law Department?
– How New York’s Religious Corporations Law Saved the Brooklyn Temple
– Addressing Issues of Child Abuse and Sexual Harassment
– Why Temple Bylaws Matter
– How to Balance the Demands of Being a Devotee and Attorney
So far, the ISKCON Law Department has received enthusiastic responses from devotee attorneys in India, South Africa, Nigeria, Russia, Switzerland, Hungary, Ireland, U.K., Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore, Canada and the U.S. The term ”devotee attorneys” means devotees or friends of Krishna, who are attorneys, jurists and law students.
* * *
For devotee attorneys, jurists and law students, more information about the Conference is available: https://www.iskcon-law-conference.com
Aug 06, 2022
Brahmatirtha das Director, Bhaktivedanta Institute for Higher Studies